Winner - S!!!8:33 AM
Hey guys... 7 people guessed what was ABC of Quilting...
2 are right or came near to it...
ABC of Quilting is a series of 26 posts that take you guys on an extensive tour through the basics of quilting.
I'm doing this, mainly, for my fellow quilters from India who need to know more...
Here's a button for you guys to grab...
Go ahead add it to your blog!
And contributors, here's a special button for you
And bookmark January 2nd... Yes, thats my Birthday, but thats not why I want you to mark it...
I want you to mark it because the series will run from 2nd January - 31st January 2012!
Here's a list of topics we'll be talking about
1. A beginning of a new journey : Introduction to quilting, history and contemporary scene
2. Blogland tour : a tour of some of your favorite quilting blogs that could be motivating
3. Cut them up : Fabric Basics - types of fabric that can be used, fabric vocabulary, fabric preparation etc
4. Designer Fabric : All about fabric designers, precuts etc
5. Endless Resources : Online fabric resources
6. Fun with color : Fabric selection for quilting
7. Get, Set, Go! : Quilting Tools - conventional and non conventional.
8. Hang on... : Buying quilting tools online
9. Inside your quilt : Batting, batting alternatives
10. Jigsaw - putting it together : Planning Quilt, Calculating requirements
11. Know thy Quilt : patterns, templates, stencils and how to use them or modify them to suit you.
12. Lots more : Extensive resource of Quilting books, magazines, online tutorials and patterns
13. Make the cut : Cutting basics - Rotary and with scissors
14. Never Skip a Stitch : Sewing machine basics + maintenance
15. Organized sewing : Machine piecing
16. Piece by hand : English Paper piecing
17. Quilt blocks : Some basic block constructions
18. Rendezvous with the layers : Quilt Sandwich, basting techniques
19. Super Simple Stitching : Machine quilting, straight line and FMQ
20. To please your eyes : FMQ design options
21. Understanding Long Arming : Long Arm Quilting
22. Very Handmade : Hand Quilting
23. Wonderful Options : Alternative Quilting - trapunto, italian,sashiko, tied etc
24. XXXX : Decorative stitches and embellishments - applique, sequins etc
25. Yearning to finish : Binding - bias and straight grain
26. Zoom ahead : Quilt use, display and care. Also tips for quilt photography.
I am still looking for contributors for the Green topics. If anybody is interested please email me at 13woodhouseroad[at]gmail[dot]com
Now, back to the winners
There were 2 people who guessed right - I'm not considering Doris 'coz she's a contributor...
And since choosing 1 out of 2 does not really make sense, I'm making another samosa and one to each of them!!!
So, hurry up girls and email me your postal address...